Saturday, October 24, 2009

Carl books by Alexandra Day


I am doing a rather sad book review today. My husband and I had to put our sweet Rottweiler, Lita, to sleep yesterday and we are (of course) completely heart broken. Kylie, our 4 year old, is starting to grasp that she is not coming home, but it is still a rough go. So in honor of Lita and all the other wonderful Rotties out there (Kristi I know you love your big man too) I present you with... the Carl books.

These are a staple in our house because we do love them so! Alexandra Day has written these beautiful board books for all to enjoy, but if you have a Rottie they will warm your heart just as your sweet one does! Carl goes on adventures of all types in the books and is usually doing his job of taking care of the baby. He is a very responsible dog as y
ou will see and we love reading them over and over (and over and over and over...) again!

Carl can be found in these books...


Good Dog Carl

Carl Goes to Daycare

Carl's Sleepy Afternoo
n

Carl's Snowy Afternoon

Carl's Birthday


We will miss our sweet Lita but we know that she is in a much better place!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh jennie, i'm so sorry for your loss. you guys are in my prayers. you did the right thing, we can't feel sorry for those who are no longer in pain. plus we all know, All Dogs Go to Heaven.

~*mandy*~

the story siren said...

awwww.. that is the saddest thing ever. i have tears in my eyes just thinking about it. i'm so very sorry for your loss. i dread to even think of the day this will become a reality for me.

the joys and love that any dog bring are irreplaceable.

the Carl books are absolutely adorable! Have you seen one? The illustrations are beautiful. I have a copy of an old FSG catalog, with Carl on the front in a library... so cute.

Hope you know that you and your family are in my thoughts.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs
Graphic by Giftseasonstore