Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Happy Realease Day Carrie Ryan!!

What a day! The companion novel to Carrie Ryan's magnificent book The Forest of Hands and Teeth hit shelves today!

Gabry lives a quiet life, secure in her town next to the sea and behind the Barrier. She's content to let her friends dream of the Dark City up the coast while she watches from the top of her lighthouse. Home is all she's ever known, and all she needs for happiness.

But life after the Return is never safe, and there are threats even the Barrier can't hold back.

Gabry's mother thought she left her secrets behind in the Forest of Hands and Teeth, but like the dead in their world, secrets don't stay buried. And now, Gabry's world is crumbling.

One night beyond the Barrier...

One boy Gabry's known forever and one veiled in mystery...

One reckless moment, and half of Gabry's generation is dead, the other half imprisoned.

Gabry knows only one thing: if she is to have any hope of a future, she must face the forest of her mother's past.

Carrie is from my neck of the woods so it makes me super happy to see her so successful! Visit her site here to see more about her books and see where she is going to be during her tour. You can also read and excerpt from The Dead-Tossed Waves!

I have had quite a day trying to get this book in my pretty little hands! I called our local bookstore to ensure they had it and (GASP) they didn't even know it was released today... idiot tried to question me about it! I called the books store in Greenville and they did have it! So I packed my kids up and we went to Greenville (45 minutes away) to get the book! Before I left though, I checked my mailbox and inside I found..... CARRIE RYAN SWAG! I knew then that I was destined to get this book! So here is what my Carrie Ryan day amounts to...

Check out the trailer for The Dead-Tossed Waves too!



And now... I am off to read this book! Happy reading all!

1 comment:

Travis said...

Haha, you did have an adventure. It's still not in at the Anderson BAM.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs
Graphic by Giftseasonstore