Sunday, September 5, 2010

Reflections from DBF... part 1


Chris, Kylie and I took off this weekend to head to Atlanta (along with a few thousand others) to enjoy The Decatur Book Festival for the very first time. Kylie wanted to see Anna Dewdney and Llama Llama Red Pajama and I (of course) had many people whom I wanted to see. Chris was a trooper through it all and took pictures, listened to panels about YA literature and in the end, said that he really did have a great time!

It was amazing to see so many YA authors in one place and get to meet them all. I loved hearing about how they write, taking notes on everything they said so that I can use it for when I write and to give advice to my students, seeing their smiling faces in person and even getting to hang out with a few of them for a while.

I have lots of thoughts on the weekend and will post more throughout the week (hence the "part 1") but I wanted to share some pictures with you for now... Enjoy!
















No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs
Graphic by Giftseasonstore