Monday, April 9, 2012



 It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA! 

Thanks to my pals Jen and Kellee at Teach Mentor Texts for hosting this meme! I had a very productive week last week and am looking forward to picking it back up this week where I left off. I think I finally have my mojo back! 

Last Weeks Book Adventures:
 
Legend by Marie Lu (reviewed here)
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness (reviewed here)
The Pledge by Kimberly Derting (reviewed here)
Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
Leverage by Joshua C Cohen
There You'll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones 
Touch Blue by Cynthia Lord
 
The reviews for some of these are posted and the others will be coming soon. My brain is swimming with so many great reads and possibilities of what to read next. If you haven't read Daughter of Smoke and Bone.... goodness gracious you need to! It is definitely my new favorite!! 
 
Upcoming Book Adventures:
 
 This needs to start with a disclaimer... I never know what I am going to pick off of my shelf to read, so these are subject to change! LOL! These are the ones that are currently piled up around me, so they are top contenders: 

Dead to You by Lisa McMann
The Everlasting Now by Sara Harrell Banks
Death Cloud by Andrew Lane 
Truce by Jim Murphy
Cinder by Marissa Meyer

So what's on the menu for you this week? Make sure to head over to Jen and Kellee's blog to sign up and let me know in the comments! 

Happy reading everyone :)

4 comments:

Hannahlily said...

Wow! You read so many fantastic books last week! Love A Monster Calls, Revolution, Leverage, and, of course, Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I can't wait until the sequel!
I just read Cinder this week. Although not perfect, I thought it was very entertaining. I hope you enjoy it as well!

Ms. O said...

Oh, your post just reminded me I need to go pick up Cinder. It's finally on the hold shelf at the library. Never mind that the book club meeting on it was last Friday. :/

I haven't read Daughter of Smoke and Bone! Must add that to the list.

I liked the second book in the young Sherlock Holmes series better than Death Cloud. Which is not to say I didn't enjoy that one. Big shoes to try and fill, Sherlock Holmes.

Happy reading! I'm off to do some reading now. Didn't even post since last week was so lame. Will do better!

Jen Vincent said...

I'm glad you are joining in! You have been busy reading! I love A Monster Calls. We're finally getting around to reviewing it this week. A lot of the books you have on your lists aren't books that I know of! Or, I know if them but haven't read them. Off to add Daughter of Smoke and Bone to TBR!

Kellee said...

Wow- that is a great list. I love A Monster Calls and Touch Blue and I haven't heard anything but good things about most of the rest. I am reading Revolution now and have Dead to you in my pile. Let me know about Truce- I am a huge Jim Murphy fan, so I am sure it'll be great!

Happy reading this wee!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs
Graphic by Giftseasonstore