Monday, September 2, 2013

Crossed by Ally Condie

Paperback, Reprint Edition, 400 pages
Published March 12th 2013 by Speak 
In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake. Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.


 I have to start out by saying that this book definitely pulled me in and made me drool for more! If you read my review of Matched (see it here), you know that I was on the fence about this series but wasn't going to give up on it just yet. This book definitely drew me in and brought more of Condie's originality and creativity to the forefront which I loved. Cassia and Ky seem to be running in circles to get to each other and we get to see both sides of this race with the dual points of view that Condie has written in for this novel. Cassia is called to question (even more) everything that she has grown up knowing and is finding herself in ways that she never saw coming. By taking the readers outside of the characters comfort zone and into the places where they have to make choices on their own for the first time, truly allows us to see who they are and what they are capable of. There are so many questions that I have now that things are definitely changing and I can't wait to see where Condie takes us as she wraps up this series. Hopefully I won't lose my enthusiasm with Reached!

Happy reading!

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs
Graphic by Giftseasonstore