Thursday, September 24, 2009

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick


Genre: YA Paranormal Romance

Age Level: 8th grade & up

# of Pages: Hardback 400 pages

Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing (October 13, 2009)



As you may recall, my very first WoW featured the book Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. I was lucky enough for Becca to contact me via Twitter and offer to send me a copy and I was so pumped. I got it in the mail on Saturday and finished it today!! Yet again, this is one you need to run to the bookstore for when it comes out!

For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.

Beca is an amazing author and entrances the reader with the mesmerizing story of Nora and Patch. Just when you think you have everything figured out she throws you for a loop that you don’t expect. I could not put this book down (just ask Chris). Becca has written all of her characters to be completely believable and you are able to put yourself in Nora’s shoes. I felt her frustration in not understanding what was going on and the confusion that she felt when it came to her feelings for Patch. I love that there is so much mystery around Patch and that no matter what her best friend Vee or even her counselor have to say about him, she just can’t stay away. Patch’s arrogance is also endearing to his character and though it may drive Nora crazy, I truly believe it is what draws her to him. He is confident and sure of himself where that is an area she struggles with. This is one of those books that has a little bit of everything for everyone: mystery, murder, drama, suspense, love, and so much more! I love too that in my ARC I was able to see how Becca ended the story in two different ways… makes me feel like I have an inside scoop on what is going on!! I like both of them but one I like more... but you won’t ever find out which one that is! I love that there is going to be a sequel to this because she ended the book with just enough loose ends to make you go, “Wait a minute? It can’t end there!!” This book comes highly recommended and is guaranteed not to stay on my bookshelf!!

Check out Becca’s site for more fun info as well as the fansite for Hush, Hush!!

Also, here are two videos that explore what Becca and her editor have to say about Hush, Hush and the process of getting it to where it is today!!




more about "Becca Fitzpatrick: Hush, Hush", posted with vodpod





more about "Hush, Hush Editor's clip", posted with vodpod


And of course, the trailer...




more about "Hush, Hush: Trailer", posted with vodpod


Release Date: October 13th 2009

2 comments:

JennM said...

Thanks for posting a great review and for including our fansite!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the recommendation of this book! I really enjoyed it!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs
Graphic by Giftseasonstore