Wednesday, May 19, 2010

In My Mailbox (20)

I know this is way off course (posting IMM on Wednesday instead of Sunday) but I need to get this one out of the way and I owe my bloggerita's a few of these!! Thanks as always to Kristi at The Story Siren for hosting this...

I have been reading and researching A LOT about teaching writing for next year. It is an area where I feel weak (teaching wise), so I feel that it is my job to strive to do better for my students. One of the amazing things that I came across was the concept of Writing Workshops. I will post more on this later but this IMM is going to be chocked full of resources I have purchased, borrowed and even been given for this!

Bought:










Writing Toward Home: Tales and Lessons to Find Your Way by Georgia Heard




Deal With It! Powerful Words From Smart, Young Women by The Extended Day Girls with Stacey Shubitz and Christina L. Rodriguez





Write Beside Them: Risk, Voice, and Clarity in High School Writing by Penny Kittle




Checked out from the library (but will have to buy her a new copy because I wrote all in it :)):


The Writing Workshop: Working Through the Hard Parts (And They're All Hard Parts) by Katy Wood Ray and Lester L. Laminack





Gifted to Me!!
This is an amazing gift from my new friend Ruth from Two Writing Teachers whom you will know more about soon!


Public Teaching One Kid at a Time by Penny Kittle

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs
Graphic by Giftseasonstore