Friday, February 11, 2011

I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies #1) by Pittacus Lore


I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies #1)

by Pittacus Lore


Genre: YA Paranormal, Sci-fi

Pages: Hardcover, 440
Publisher: HarperTeen


In the beginning they were a group of nine. Nine aliens who left their home planet of Lorien when it fell under attack by the evil Mogadorian. Nine aliens who scattered on Earth. Nine aliens who look like ordinary teenagers living ordinary lives, but who have extraordinary, paranormal skills. Nine aliens who might be sitting next to you now.

The Nine had to separate and go into hiding. The Mogadorian caught Number One in Malaysia, Number Two in England, and Number Three in Kenya. All of them were killed. John Smith, of Paradise, Ohio, is Number Four. He knows that he is next.

I AM NUMBER FOUR is the thrilling launch of a series about an exceptional group of teens as they struggle to outrun their past, discover their future—and live a normal life on Earth.

I AM NUMBER FOUR.
I AM NEXT.


I have to be honest and say that I received this ARC many moons ago and it sat on the shelf. I was completely unsure of it and didn’t really know if I would like it. With that being said… I really liked it and wish I had picked it up earlier. I know that some of my teacher and blogger friends have said that they don’t want to read it because of how it was created (specifically by whom), but I really hope they give it a shot.


The plot is fascinating and completely captivating from the start. Sci-fi has never been my thing but this one (and some of the other great ones coming out this year) have me really intrigued. I guess I just think Star Trek… sorry Dad! John’s character was well written and I just loved Henri. The book keeps you on the run with the characters and lets you experience it from John’s perspective. I love books from the male POV because there are so few GOOD ones out there. I love Bernie the dog throughout this too… he is such a great dog. John is trying to keep hidden from the Mogadore throughout the novel because if they find him, of course, he will be killed. Henri was sent with John to protect him from these evil alien also. The Mogadore have been sucking the life and power from all available sources and John realizes what their main motivation and plan is just in time for there to be a great action scene that plays out throughout the last part of the novel. This scene was very well written as well. The Mogadore have more power than the remaining six, but we quickly find out that John has a plan and leaves us ready for the second part of the six part series.


I am excited to see this played out on the big screen and can’t wait to see how they take the plot (esp. the action) and bring it to life. Here is the trailer for the movie!! Enjoy…


No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs
Graphic by Giftseasonstore