Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Summer Reading and #bookaday




I don't know about you but I have been waiting for summer to get here and am so happy that it has arrived. Between Vacation Bible School, basketball camp, our family cruise, a planned trip to the zoo, and teaching a few weeks of summer school... it is going to be a busy one! But definitely a fun one full of reading. 

If you are like me, your summer reading pile is a mile high and I am wondering how I will get through it all. But I have a plan! Since 2009, my friend Donalyn Miller (a.k.a. The Book Whisperer and co-founder of The Nerdy Book Club) has put out the challenge to read a book in a day. When we tweet or post on Facebook about it we use the hashtag #bookaday. There are those who are dedicated and do this year round without fail, but I am not that good. I do try though. This summer, however, I am going to do it. I am going to read a book EVERY DAY this summer! Sometimes it may be a novel, sometimes it may be a picture book. Books will be read daily though! I am also reading to fill out my summer reading for school which I am in charge of and it has me reading more non-fiction and other types of reading (brochures, maps, posters, and much more). Needless to say, this summer is going to be full of reading! 

So if I am doing that much reading, I will be doing that much posting too! HOLY COW! This is going to be a blast! I am also playing with the idea of posting more about my teaching, education matters, and things of that nature. So you might see a lot of stuff coming through, but don't worry! I will keep those reviews coming!!

Follow me on Twitter (@jenniesmith) or Instagram (@jennie_smith) to keep up with my reading. I can't wait to see what you are reading too!

Happy reading!! 


No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs
Graphic by Giftseasonstore