Monday, July 11, 2011

Review: My Life Undecided by Jessica Brody



My Life Undecided

Jessica Brody


Genre: YA Realistic Fiction

Pages: Hardcover, 320 pages

Publisher: Farrar, Straus, Giroux (BYR)




This is probably one of the funniest gooks I have read in a while. Brooklyn reminds me of a few of my students all rolled into one and maybe that helps me understand her more and laugh harder. I think that we have all had at least one moment in our lives when we wish that someone else would make the decisions for us. My husband and I constantly have this argument when trying to decide where to eat when we go out! Brooklyn, however, has a great idea… start a blog and let others make the decisions for her! Being 15 is rough on its own but when you add fickle best friends, a mysterious new guy (who just happens to show up at the right time) and the mess of a burnt down house complete with community service, I think you might take alternate routes for decision making too.


Jessica Brody has written a book that I think all teen girls will love. Even the broody types because we can all see a little of ourselves somewhere in Brooklyn. I laughed out loud at some parts and my five year old couldn’t stop laughing at me and that is a testament of good writing. I could identify with the character. You will not be disappointed with this great read!


Visit Jessica here, follow her on Twitter (@jessicabrody) , and visit her on Facebook here. Jessica has also created a website for My Life Undecided which is just amazing! Check it out here!!


No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs
Graphic by Giftseasonstore