Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (15)

Thanks as always to Jill at Breaking the Spine for hosting this! I am so very excited for this book! I came across the talented Jackson Pearce a few months ago and bought her novel As You Wish with my Christmas money and can't wait to read it! Now, her next one is one that I will definitely be in love with (I can already tell). I love teaching Point of View and when I do, I often use the movie Hoodwinked because it does a great job showing how important it is to know all sides of a story. In with that, I always have books that are written with a little twist to stories that they are familiar with.

And that, my dears, is what Sisters Red is all about!! Check this out...

Scarlett March lives to hunt the Fenris-- the werewolves that took her eye when she was defending her sister Rosie from a brutal attack. Armed with a razor-sharp hatchet and blood-red cloak, Scarlett is an expert at luring and slaying the wolves. She's determined to protect other young girls from a grisly death, and her raging heart will not rest until every single wolf is dead.

Rosie March once felt her bond with her sister was unbreakable. Owing Scarlett her life, Rosie hunts fiercely alongside her. Now Rosie dreams of a life beyond the wolves and finds herself drawn to Silas, a young woodsman who is deadly with an ax-- but loving him means betraying her sister and has the potential to destroy all they've worked for.

Twenty-five-year-old Jackson Pearce delivers a dark, taut fairy tale with heart-pounding action, fierce sisterly love, and a romance that will leave readers breathless.

Sisters Red hits shelves on June 7, 2010 so make sure to run and grab it before someone else does!!

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs
Graphic by Giftseasonstore